Thursday, January 23, 2014

$419,541 Pick 6 Carryover at Santa Anita!!!!

It has been a while since I have posted a blog but with such a dynamic carryover today in the Pick 6 at Santa Anita, I thought there was no better time than now to share how I'm playing the sequence today.  I will be playing 2 tickets today.  A main ticket in the amount of $540 and a back up ticket for $96 with my total investment being $636.  Carryovers like this don't come along every week so when they do it's best in my opinion if you take a shot at them.  Yes, you can go a very long time between cashing such wagers but if you're looking for the opportunity of a larger score, this wager is for you.  In races that I've selected multiple horses I will be listing them in numeric order, not in order of preference.

Main Ticket $540   7/ 1,2,5/ 1,3,4,5,6,8/ 2,3,4,7,8/ 2,4,7/ 3  (I will only give analysis on the Main Ticket
Back up Ticket $96  2,4/ 1,5/ 1,5,8/ 2,8/ 4/ 1,3
Race 3
#7  Hotradamus  (7-2 ML)
  This horse is a single on my main ticket and is the 3rd choice on the ML.  In my opinion the 2 ML favorites both have big question marks while this horse seems primed to run a great race.  The 5 He's a Dance Star at 2-1 ML was claimed last out while fading badly at a short price.  Maybe the horse didn't like the synthetic surface at BHP but I'm not buying it.  #2 A Toast to You is the 5-2 comes off a pretty long layoff after a Stakes win at SA in October.  The horse was a scratch on 11/15 and notice from 11/15 to 12/28 there were no reported workouts so something went a miss for this 5 year old gelding.  Looking for Hotradamus to run them down in the stretch

Race 4
#1 White Front Freddy
  Breaking from the rail and what I like about this one is last time was involved in a speed duel and finished 3rd beaten 10 lengths but take note that the other horses he dueled with last time tired badly and this horse still stayed on for 3rd.  More impressive than it looked on paper

#2 Gutsy Ruler
  Have to respect a first timer out of the Tribal Rule sire.  This isn't the strongest of groups so if Puype has this one fit could be right there

#5 New Order
  He is coming out of what I thought was a strong race and made a nice middle move but just didn't have that burst in the stretch and finished 6th.  They shorten the horse up from 6.5 to 5.5 furlongs today and put a couple works in him.  Should like the turn back

Race 5- First off this was a difficult race for me as many horses could step up and win this
#1 We Have Lift Off
  Going from a sprint to a route and from dirt to turf.  This 5 year old is protected in only his 2nd lifetime start.  Should show some speed from the rail on the stretchout.  Could be dangerous

#3 Stake Hunter
  2nd career start for this 4 year old gelding and stays on the lawn but stretches out.  I always respect Jeff Mullins on the turf.  I think it is what he does best

#4  El Tovar
  I threw this horse in b/c he looks to be on the improve and his 2 career turf starts are his best lifetime races.  Wouldn't totally shock me if this horse ran very well today at a nice price

#5  Thunder Cole
  Blinkers come off on this 4 year old gelding who has been knocking on the door of breaking his maiden.  No the toughest of groups so definitely should be in the mix

#6 Awesome Prospect
  This is a price play that I threw in b/c the horse seems to be improving and has never tried the grass so he is not a confirmed loser.  Blinkers go on today and he really is a mystery horse

#8 Through My Eyes
  Jeff Mullins other horse in the race and again I respect everything he throws on the grass.  I think this is the horse to beat even though he has never tried turf. 

Race 6- Another wide open race

#2 Warren's Joe T
  This horse has been very consistent of late but might have been up against too stiff of competition last time out.  They drop the horse from 16k to 8k and the class relief should definitely help

#3 Brown Boss
  Another one who should be much more competitive with the class relief.  Talamo took care of this horse in the stretch last time when he was beaten 10 lengths so he should come back very fresh today

#4  Red Sharp Humor
  Has been running against similar company but appears to be the one they will need to catch as Pedroza will most likely be aggressive out of the gate and try to get an easy lead

#7 Majestic Moment
  This is certainly a price play and would be a major upset if he won.  I don't love the fact that VanDyke is on board today as this kid is shakey at best.  I did like the way the horse ran last time as he appeared to be doing it nice and easy and tugging at the rider so he was feeling good about himself.  The one good thing about a lesser known or quality jock is you certainly get an improved price

#8 Only the Gold
  Exits a very strong race and although beaten 8 lengths at this same level that race was loaded for 8k claimers.  Fits again with this group today

Race 7
#2 Mangita
  Very impressive stretch run last time when he fought on the rail to be beaten by a 1/2 length to a 1-2 favorite.  I liked the killer instinct this horse had and if it comes down to a stretch run again she may just not let them beat her

#4 Miss Well Molded
  Should be your favorite in the field and probably too wants to be on the front end.  Horse drops in from Allowance company but I'm not all concerned about the drop since these connections bought her at a similar price 2 races back.  She won a non winners of 1 race for them so I think they feel they made a nice chunk of change on her so let's put her in a spot where she can win today

#7 Lil Swiss Echo
  Her last effort is more visually impressive than the 73 beyer she received last time out.  She sat patiently and exploded in the stretch to win easily.  If I had any concern it's that she doesn't let them get to far in front as I don't think you want to be closing from too far back on the turf route races at SA.  Very capable of making it 2 in a row

Race 8
#3 Runaway Que
  With a name like that, how could I not single him?!?!?!  In all seriousness this horse in my opinion should of won his last race as he dueled and fought gamely in the stretch only to be beaten by a horse on the complete outside that he never saw.  What I mean is had this horse been down closer to him, I think he was so game he wouldn't have let anyone pass him.  A repeat effort from last time and he could be graduating today

I will also post pictures of my 2 tickets as I do play what I post.  If you want to follow along and root me home I'd greatly appreciate.  Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope I helped share where my mind is with some of these horses

Best of Luck,
JimmyQ

No comments:

Post a Comment